A Preliminary Check List
WHEN DO YOU NEED TO CALL AN ATTORNEY?
1. Do you want the school district to assess your child because you have observed any of the following characteristics in your child?
- Inconsistent school performance?
- Difficulty remembering what he/she has read?
- Below grade level in reading or math?
- Difficulty understanding directions?
- Easily distracted or restless?
- Has trouble organizing and planning?
- Impulsive and/or inappropriate behavior?
- Speech problems?
- Poor coordination?
- Has difficulty expressing himself?
- Has repetitive body movements?
2. Are you concerned that your child is making minimal or no progress academically or socially?
3. Has the school district failed to provide what is written on your child's IEP?
4. Do you think that your child needs to be in a different class or school?